Monday, April 9, 2007

Good Friday - The break

Well have been thinking of writing since past few days now but didnt have anything to write..Not that life is still, it is moving, that too at a decent pace but guess i cant write abt an incident or describe a situation...probably coz i m not using this as a diary, but as a 'let out' for feelings..May be if i get to talk abt these things to someone, i would not bother scribbling..Also, m a baaaad story- teller, hence not comfortable describing scenes etc.

Let me give it a try today..linking it up with the feelings part..

Over the weekend, i realized that m good at pretension (is it same as hypocrisy?) . Was at mausiji's place and was surrounded with 4 kids (nephews n a niece) for 3 days !! no doubt i enjoyed it the 1st day. i enjoyed playing bat-ball with them and showing them my mobile's camera. 2nd day it was still bearable, with chocolates etc taking care of half my work as a responsible 'buaji' who was able to do the toughest job of making kids eat their lunch and dinner.. tried getting some peace with a few pages of 'maximum city' in a corner when i was asked by mausaji if i was getting bored. No i was not, how could I be with so many 'cute' kids around. Ok here is the homework time. In the evening, m taken to one of the neighbours who thot I was one of the best girls in the whole world. And the reason for such a behaviour was (or so i guess) coz I was wearing a salwar suit, wasnt wearing any make up or jewellery and was quiet most of the time excpt few namastes and 'haanji autie'. Actually this 'innocence' after such advanced studies I underwent calls for admiration. Doesnt it...but if only all that was true! If only i wore salwaar suit and was so polite and soft-spoken all the time (Felt terribly bad).. anyway , i plan to leave the next morning but m stopped. how cud i leave when it was a holiday. The kids want to play with buaji, and i wud not say no..how sweet of me !! By noon I have had enough of being goody goody. But i cannot be rude, not in my nature u see:P So i adopt a neutral way , the avoidance technique...I do not part away with my mobile and the youngest one sleeps without a lunch:( I would not watch a cartoon with them but would switch on TV in another room and watch some saif ali-urmila movie. And i realize i have to leave before dinner to be in working condition at office next day. I take a leave. A good trip, everyone impressed, my work done :)

Now the important part is the feeling bad part..M not so good , i can prove that! The auntie would not want to have me as her bahu/beti in case she knows the reality...mausaji would be dead against my MBA decision (he is not in favor anyway)...now the problem is y do i pretend, trying to be someone m not. Following are the 2 possible answers (in that order of possibility):

- I want them to admire me as one who still knows how to deal with 4 kids, specially after having advance education
- I want them to believe that my decisions of higher eduction is not wrong and i can still be 'good'

Doesnt it feel like another example of double standards....why cant you be what you are? why do u have to please everyone and mould yourself according to the other person? probably coz of society ? u have to have social acceptance to lead a peaceful life and social acceptance can come only by pretension? M not that bad...just following the rules of life:)

1 comment:

Anand Gautam said...

Oooooh, 'double standards' is too harsh....pretense was good.
We do it all the time, dont worry about it so much. Nobody does it to keep others happy, they do it to keep themselves not unhappy or happy! Ultimately man is always selfish - at times altruistically selfish at times selfishly selfish!!
Btw, i can swear that this problem gets much more acute in the gf/bf scenario. I can speak from experience. :P :P