Sunday, April 29, 2007

Everything that happens, happens for good

Before I get down to the philosophies, some news first. Joining XLRI finally, didnt have much choice...IIMB failed me and could not convince myself for joining I or K...now that gets me thinking again, what wrong wud it do to me had i gotton through IIMB..

I could very well convince myself as to why it was good that I didnt go to IIMB/XL in last two years (now only, after crying over it for 2 yrs.) but cant figure out a plus for losin IIMB this year. Maybe I would, two yrs down the line.

Have had this talk with almost everyone with whom I can talk this and who believes in it, coz I am usually against it and that is what is required for a good discussion..two parties in opposition. But every time we were able to conclude the discussion that too to the same point "its all in the mind" and that is what i mean when i oppose the stmt. It is not true that everything that happened in my life happened for good, I could have been better without it, but then I would like to believe the philosophy coz thats my only savior, my only hope which helps me get going.

Lets say X and Y are the two possibilities that could come my way (Loved this example, thanx to Ananya :) ). X happens to me. I dnt know what Y had in store , could have been better, could have been worse. If I think that Y was better and I keep brooding over it, I would not be able to perform. Ok u may say that it can give u a push , but if u keep thinking the same way abt all Ys, take this in writing that you are gonna spoil your life. Therefore X was the best possible thing for you. If you have not been able to see this till date, you will, some day.

Thats the reason I say I oppose the stmt, its not a fact and hence cannot be stated as a fact . Everyone uses it sometime or the other to feel good, feel positive and move ahead. There is nothing wrong with it. You might choose to challenge it at times, but as already said, dnt dare to do it all the time. And as Saumya would say, wait till you get to know the reason.. everything will fall in place.. am waiting for my reason, why XL and why not IIMB ?:(

1 comment:

Anshu Anand said...

Stumbled upon your blog ...yes, X is always better...I concur.Everything happens for a reason.